War Stories in Arbitration – The What, When, How of Real Life Stories from Arbitration Trials – From Arbitral appointments to Witness cross examination – We Discuss it All!
09:00 - 10:30
- legal controversies and practical implications on the type of selection process used whether through databases or Courts or institutions
- Some practical examples of controversies that have arisen in the appointment process and how they have been resolved.
- What users, institutions and parties expect from arbitral tribunals and key takeaways of the discussion
- Cross examination stories from arbitrations – both from the point of view of arbitrators, counsel and users
- Expert witnesses and cross examination, hot tubbing lessons, what it is like to take the hot seat
- The process of presenting evidence including expert evidence – the good, bad and ugly
- Tips on effective cross examinations from practitioners and arbitrators
Looking Ahead – How is the arbitral landscape changing?
- How technology and virtual hearings have changed the game
- Lessons from various institutional rules and idiosyncrasies of various seats
- Best practices for arbitrations to adopt from the point of view of experts.
- Top trends from 2024 – what everyone on the panel sees as prevailing trends – this will be from the point of view of the expert, the arbitrator, the counsel and the user of arbitration (a GC)
- What we as an arbitral community can do better with arbitral appointments and arbitral trials
- Osborne Partners